Well, I managed to avoid pregnancy last night... Par for the course, some may say...but if you knew how close I actually came, you would be surprised. Take for instance the pair of naked men in diapers I happened across on my way back from the firework's at 900 South. While toasting my 1-litre-bottle of Dr. Pepper to Over-active bladder conditions, and future nursing-home living situations, we almost exchanged digits as-it-were....thus creating life-altering catacalismic cosmic-erupting, volcanic-like, nature-explosive, beyond-our-control-ish-forces, that could-have possibly creaTED A new life form down the road. (Provided, of course, we went out for at least six months to a year, saw a few movies, preferrably with Jennifer Anniston or Adam Sanler, shopped at J. Crew once or twice on a lazy Saturday, and spent a weekend out of town at some place where there was some of his friends or family close by so we could sleep in separate beds so as not to rule-out the possibility of a temple marriage.
Anyway, I made it past them, and ran all the way back to the shelter in my pink thongs, which gave me blisters on both my feet, but at least I don't have to worry about my children having loose bowels on my husband's side.
This morning I woke up tired after only getting four hours sleep. I tried to watch a movie at the "center" across the street from the shelter where everyone hangs out and does drug deals and such, but the volume was low. I was kinda making what I considered funny comments in-between as well but all the druggie men didn't think so. In addition, all the old gysers playing dominoes in the back were being loud as usual so I asked them initially in a nice way to "please be quiet"--to which an old guy with a breathing tube got all snooty and snoty with me.
...............................................................O.K....O.K.....I'll admit I threatened to pull his tube out, but, clearly, he demonstrated he was just fine when he defiantly stood up and yanked it out screaming at me something about me being a bitch or whatever....and yeah I mentioned that there was a nursing home in his future with his name on it, but I guess my being banished from the center by some dorky mexican guy in cowbow boots and a silver chain around his neck is my pennance, right?--
On a more promising note--I do have two or three --maybe even four job possibilities coming up...and if any prove fruitful, I may be on my way to renter's status before long... Wouldn't that be nice!....My dorm-mates have bought me a box of snore-away because as one woman put it--"the rumours on the street are that some of the women want to beat you up."--for snoring???--I told her I lived in Watts this past Spring, and before that skid row for a bit. I'm not afraid of a few threats from SLC shelter chix. Besides, I'm L.D.S....This is my turf.
Oh, Pres. Monson was in the parade yesterday. I caught a glimpse of his cowboy hat as he drove by waving to the opposite side of the street...
The weather is downright miserable--unless one is inside, one melts. I can't tolerate it much longer--I want it to cool down--but I don't know how I'll handle winter...I hope, if I'm still here, I'll be able to handle it o.k.
Becky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Chick, after what you've been through, you could handle ANYTHING!
Just keep your balance in those six-inch-spikes as you cross the proverbial street of yuk-dom for the bright, Jupiter-Nirvana kingdom of self-sufficiency and gorgeous, attentive, young male attendants...............They're all for you like some Janet Jackson song you've only dreammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmed about experiencing!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................................................hmmmmmmm.....
Post a Comment