Monday, July 28, 2008
Arlene's 36th....
today is my step-sister's birthday..wherever she is. Every now and then I wonder what happened to her, where she is, who she married, how many children she had, and what she's doing for a living...I can't believe it's been 20 years already since we knew each other. The other day I was walking along the street downtown Salt Lake and that song by Greenday started playing..."When September Ends" or something like that...I can't listen to it without getting goosebumps, or crying. It is so full of nostalgia and melancholy, and every word and every note combine to create this poignantly poetic piece of music that touches my soul to the core every time I listen to it. Anyway, Arlene, your "summer" of life is ending I spose, and your heading toward Fall...maybe not as fast as me, but slowly...so enjoy the rest of your 30's...like my mom told me "they go fast." And, believe me, they do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment